Monday, February 06, 2006

More Ramblings

My wonderful and talented advisor, Ellen Lesser, agreed to read my whole novel. (I'm not just kissing up -- Ellen really puts her heart and soul into teaching -- plus she agreed to read the whole darn thing before I even posted this.)

One step closer to the finish line. Six years ago I wasn't capable to finishing a short story. I give thanks.

Olivia will be homeschooled for the remainder of the school year. Am I crazy, with being sandwiched between my mother's needs and my those of my children to take this on? But there seems to be no choice, and it's interesting to me that I feel some exhilaration, a shot of adrenaline maybe, and an inner sense that things are going to be okay that I didn't have before I withdrew her this morning. I feel like I'm on the other side of the fear.

We've pulled together some amazing resources, and *if* it works according to plan, my daughter will be much better off.

Speaking of education, I started teaching two more short classes. The first one is on memoir, and I have 14 students. The second one is on flash fiction, and I have five. All women. Started last night. Superbowl Sunday. Who knew it was the Superbowl?

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm thrilled you are teaching! I wish I lived closer to take one of your classes. :)

Patry Francis said...

Your classes sound really interesting. Can't wait to hear more--and about that novel, too!