Monday, November 21, 2005

Gratitude List


Sometimes when all I can see is what I don't have, I write a gratitude list -- a list of things for which I am grateful. It seems apropos to do it now, given the season. Here's mine -- what's yours?

I'm grateful for:

moments like the above -- fishing, watching wildlife, picking huckleberries, spending time with family;
the things I no longer have to do;
not living in a war zone, either figuratively or literally;
my husband, who treats me better than I treat him, makes me laugh, loves me and our kids, works hard, is handsome, (I could go on but don't want to make anyone nauseous);
my kids, creative, loving, healthy smart, good-looking little blue-eyed ankle biters;
The Montana State Fair, where we go every year for three days of cornball fun (carnival, rides, fair, 4-H contests, vegetable races, etc.);
God;
the gift (curse? obsession?) of writing;
friends;
living where I live, within three hours driving distance to all our extended family members save one, as well as being close to the Rocky Mountain Front, and other relatively undisturbed wildlands;
that my father no longer suffers;

I'll add to this over the next few days. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

k1tchenwitch said...

Kelli Russell Agodon (http://agodon.blogspot.com/) often posts gratitude journal entries, and I love reading them, just as I've loved reading yours. They make me happy & appreciative for everything I do have, rather than whiney and mopey for everything I don't. So I guess I'm grateful for entries like this one. Thanks for posting!

Katie said...

This is a lovely list!

Anne Bauer said...

I'll check out Kelli's blog. Thanks! And thank you Katie for the compliment!

Stephanie said...

Your life sounds wonderful!